Local and Regional Scottish Organizations
- Caledonian Club of Sacramento
- Caledonian Club of San Francisco
- Dixon Scottish Cultural Association
- Pleasanton-Blairgowrie-Fergus Sister Cities Organization (PBFSCO)
- Saint Andrew’s Society of Oakland
- Saint Andrew’s Society of Sacramento Events Calendar
- Scottish American Military Society Post 1921
- The Peninsula Scottish Fiddlers
Scottish Focused Studies in North America
- University of California-Berkeley
- University of Guelph, Scottish Studies
- East Tennessee State University, Appalachian, Scottish, and Irish Studies
- Harvard University, Department of Celtic Languages and Literatures
- St. Michael’s College, University of Toronto, Celtic Studies Program
- Simon Fraser University, Centre for Scottish Studies
Scottish Gaelic Studies
- Sabhal Mór Ostaig A Further Education college in the island of Skye, Scotland, teaching through the medium of Gaelic.
- An Comunn Gaidhealach-America, Inc. A volunteer-run, non-profit organization that strives to promote and preserve the Scottish Gaelic language and culture.
Scottish Literature Studies
- The Association for Scottish Literary Studies Association promotes the study, teaching and writing of Scottish literature, and to further the study of the languages of Scotland.
- Writing Scotland A selection of sites offering free electronic texts.
- Scottish Poetry Library The emphasis is on contemporary poetry written in Scotland, in Scots, Gaelic, and English